Medical Receptionist Porth
Job Reference: 110-GP011-0718
- GP Practices – Cwm Taf University Health Board
- Pont Newydd Medical Centre
- Dependent on experience
- Job Type:
- Working pattern:
- 25 Hours per week
- Pay Scheme:
- Staff Group:
- Administrative & Clerical
- General Practice
Read this before applying
The successful candidate will be employed by the GP Practice/Medical Centre, not Cwm Taf University Health Board
Closing date is 13 July 2018
Pont Newydd Medical Centre is an established friendly 4 Partner training practice with a current list size of 8,750 patients. We provide high quality primary care services in a modern purpose built health centre with excellent facilities in the Rhondda Valley. Located 25 minutes from Cardiff with good transportation links. We have a full complement of highly skilled staff and have close working relationship with multi disciplinary teams.
Due to employee retirement, we are looking for a person to work as a member of our reception team for 25 hours per week. The working hours are (exclusive of breaks) :- Monday 8am-1pm, Tuesday 8am-6:30pm and Friday 8am-6:30pm
Applicants should consider themselves capable of:
• Conducting them self in a Professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Efficient in IT including the use of Microsoft word, excel and outlook email.
• Ensuring that enquiries from patients, doctors and other members of staff are efficiently and courteously handled
• Working as part of a team to ensure that reception tasks are completed efficiently.
• Managing and prioritising a multitude of different requests often under pressure
• Being flexible and to be able to provide cover for the duties of other team members during periods of staff absence (holiday and sickness cover essential)
Specifically, a receptionist will be expected to be involved in:-
• Service of patients enquiries face to face and on the telephone
• Operation of the Vision clinical system
• Scanning and Document management using Docman
• Handling of prescriptions
• Receiving and recording requests for visits
• Receipt and sorting of practice mail
• Dealing with patient registrations
• Handling of money for private medical work
• Handling of all forms used within the practice
• Working with the reception team to ensure continuity of service to doctors and patients
• Message handling
• Maintaining both the manual and computer record system
• The chaperoning of patients at doctor’s request
• Receipt of samples from patients and dealing with them appropriately
• Booking emergency ambulances
• Clinic administration including photocopying/faxing
• Destruction of confidential information
• Supervision of waiting rooms
• Preparation of consulting rooms for use
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role.
Interviews will be held on 19 July
Cwm Taf University Health Board reserves the right to close this vacancy early on behalf of the Practice, after 24 hours if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.