The MSK Physiotherapy service is a free service for adults and children over the age of 10 with musculoskeletal conditions.
The service provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment to help reduce pain and improve function for issues such as sprains and strains, joint or muscular pains.
What problems can they help with?
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Osteoarthritis of any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid back pain and neck pain
- Spinal related pain in arms or legs, including nerve symptoms e.g. pins and needles or numbness
- Changes to walking.
What problems can’t they help with?
- Red, hot, swollen joints
- Medical management of rheumatoid conditions
- House-bound patients.
How to access the service?
Patients can self-refer by completing an online referral form (click on the image below) or by ringing 01443 715012.
Telephone: 01443 715 012
For further information about health information and local services in Wales, please visit the NHS Direct Wales website (opens in new window). You can search for your nearest service by selecting the service type you require and entering your postcode. You will also find information on a range of health conditions, advice on living well and you can check your symptoms using the symptom checker.